This recipe makes soft slightly chewy Snickerdoodle Bars. I was recently at The Fresh Market grocery store and I saw they had something called Snickerdoodle Blondie Bars and I thought they sounded good so I came home and made my own version. I love the cinnamon and sugar swirl they have on top!
Recipe also makes a 1/2 batch of Snickerdoodle Bars easily, I just bake it in a 8×8″ baking pan instead like the pictures show below:
- 2⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup salted butter, softened
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- -Cinnamon Filling-
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, mix butter & sugars together. Mix in eggs and vanilla. (either by hand or with mixer)
- Mix in flour and baking powder.
- Spoon half the batter into pan using a rubber spatula.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle evenly over the top.
- Now take the last half of the batter and drop by the spoonful over the cinnamon & sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
Leave a Comment