Quick and Easy Easter Shortbread Cutout Cookies.
No Refrigeration dough!! Just mix up dough, roll out, and bake!
Roll out dough to 1/4 inch, maybe a tad thicker. Use any cookie cutter you like and then bake. If dough is too sticky, sprinkle a little more flour on the counter and dough.
Baking times may vary a little depending on the thickness and size of cutters you use. You just want to see a little golden on the edge and then they are done.
Mix up icing and then dip the cookie face down in the icing and place on rack or parchment paper.
- 1 cup soft salted butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups powdered sugar (more as needed to get the consistency you like)
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ⅓ cup milk
- food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line pans with parchment paper.
- Mix butter, sugar, vanilla and flour in large bowl until it all comes together.
- sprinkle some flour or powdered sugar on the counter and roll out the dough to about ¼ inch thickness. If it's too sticky just sprinkle with a little flour or powdered sugar.
- Cut out and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-14 mins or until the edges just start to get lightly golden. Cooking time may vary a little depending on how thick and how large the cut out is. Cool.
- Mix icing ingredients and dip cookies in icing.