German Sugar Cake Cookies.
This recipe makes soft cake like sugar cookies. I always love the old fashioned sugar cookie recipes that call for milk. These cookies remind me of the soft thick cake like sugar cookies that my grandma would almost always have in here yellow cookie jar when I came over. She would sprinkle the tops with sugar before baking.
With this recipe I mixed cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkled on the top before baking but you could also just sprinkle with sugar or even frost them!
- ½ cup (1 stick) softened salted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2¼ cup call purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup whole milk
- -Cinnamon & Sugar mix- about 1½ tablespoons sugar and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees. Grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl use an electric mixer to cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla and egg and mix.
- Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda and mix.
- Slowly mix in milk until everything is incorporated.
- Drop by the tablespoon full onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are starting to turn golden brown.