Cinnamon & Sugar Knots with a dairy free option to make also.
These can be made with the dairy free version as well. You just use oil instead of butter in the recipe. I’ve made it both ways. I took my garlic knot recipe and made a double batch of dough this weekend, making half of them into cinnamon and sugar knots for a dessert option. These would also be great with a little icing drizzled on top.
Shaping the knots…
I rolled out the dough into a 6″x8″ rectangle approximately. I used a pizza cutter to slice them into 1″ strips about 4″ long. Then you want to flour them on top a little so they don’t stick when you tie them into knots. You take each piece, tie it into a knot, tuck the ends under, & place on a greased cookie sheet to rise before baking. You can brush with oil/butter and dip in cinnamon & sugar before the knots rise on the cookie sheet or after.
I used a bread machine to knead the dough like I almost always do but you can use a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook or knead by hand.
- ½ cup of warm water
- 1¼ teaspoons quick rise yeast
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil (may use butter or vegetable oil also)
- ½ Tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ Tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoon olive oil or melted salted butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Add warm water & yeast to bread machine or mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients starting with the flour.
- Set your bread machine to dough cycle if your using a bread machine. Or use a stand mixer with dough hook to knead the bread or mix the dough by hand for about 15 minutes until dough becomes a soft elastic like ball. Add more flour or water if needed to get the right consistency.
- Cover and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Roll out on floured surface to a 6x8 inches rectangle (I use a rolling pin).
- Cut 1 inch thick strips, so each stick should be about 1x4 inches. Flour lightly & tie each strip into a knot, tucking ends under (I use a pizza cutter to cut the strips).
- Place onto greased cookie sheet
- Let rise for 30-40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees
- Brush knots with oil mixture or butter. Dip or sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar mix.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until light golden brown.
post contains amazon affiliate link