Super Soft Sugar Cookies. Blue Ribbon Winner Cookies.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE sugar cookies. Some people prefer chocolate but I personally prefer a good sugar cookie over chocolate any day. This recipe makes super soft sugar cookies. I just sprinkled the tops with sugar but these cookies would be delicious with frosting as well!
Recipe makes about 40 cookies, 2 cookie sheets worth of cookies. Recipe can be cut in half to make a half batch. (Please excuse my well worn baking sheet in the photo above, it gets a lot of use).
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Using an electric mixer cream butter, sugar, and vanilla together. Beat in eggs. Add flour and baking soda and mix well.
- Chill dough covered for 1 hour.
- After dough has chilled preheat oven to 375 F. degrees.
- Scoop or roll dough into 1" balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Take the bottom of a flat glass coated in sugar and slightly press down the balls to flatten.
- Sprinkle tops with sugar (optional).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.