Thin Chewy Sugar Cookies.
I’ve been making a lot of different kinds of sugar and butter cookies lately. I wasn’t sure whether to classify this as a sugar cookie or butter cookie but ended up calling it a sugar cookie. This recipe makes buttery thin chewy cookies. It is an old fashioned cookie recipe and as you will see in the ingredient list it calls for 1 teaspoon of vinegar. This will not make the cookies taste like vinegar I promise. You will also notice that this cookie recipe is made without eggs so it is an eggless recipe.
Recipe made about 30 cookies. Note: Cookies need a lot of room on cookie sheet because they will spread out during baking. You can easily cut the recipe in half if you wish to make a small batch (1 cookie sheet) of cookies. I make half batches of cookies all the time.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks of salted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325 F. degrees.
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla & vinegar together using an electric mixer.
- Mix in flour and baking soda gradually.
- Scoop or shape into 1" balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes.