Quick & Easy Dairy Free Blueberry Muffins.
We were reminiscing about those Entenmann’s Blueberry Little Bites that came out in 1999. Do you remember the little white bags that contained mini blueberry muffins? Ever since then I have been wanting to make dairy free blueberry muffins and I am happy to say I finally got around to making them!
We don’t keep dairy free milk around the house but I do usually have some organic coconut yogurt that is dairy free and it turns out it works great for making muffins! I used So Delicious® Dairy Free Coconut Milk Unsweetened yogurt alternative. You can also use dairy free milk instead of the coconut yogurt. This recipe also uses vegetable oil instead of butter.
The batter will be a thick consistency. The batter should not be thin or extremely dry. You may need to add an extra tablespoon of dairy free yogurt but 1/3 cup worked fine for me. I used frozen wild blueberries from Trader Joe’s grocery store and I did not thaw them before using them, they work best frozen. Recipes makes about 10-12 regular size muffins.
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup So Delicious® Dairy Free Coconut Milk Unsweetened yogurt alternative (may also substitute with dairy free milk)
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries (if using frozen don't thaw)
- (1 Tablespoon sugar for sprinkling over muffins-optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 F. degrees. Line muffin pan with liners or grease pan.
- Mix sugar, oil, egg, dairy free yogurt, and vanilla together in a mixing bowl.
- Add in flour, salt, and baking soda and mix together (hand mix and be careful to not over mix).
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Scoop the batter into muffin pan, filling about ⅔rds full.
- Sprinkle the tops with sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle of one comes out clean.