Copycat Recipe for Entenmann’s Single Serve Crumb Coffee Cakes.
Every time I go grocery shopping at Publix I can’t walk down the first aisle without going by all the baked goods and pastries. I always see the stack of boxes in the middle of the aisle of Entenmann’s Single Serve Crumb Cakes that are individually wrapped. Then if I go a couple more feet I have to walk by the Publix bakery which make their own version of mini crumb coffee cakes too. They always look so delicious but I try not to buy them because I always say to myself that I can make those at home and for cheaper.
The problem was I didn’t have the pan to make them exactly like them but I finally bought one. I used a muffin top pan because they are very shallow. The muffin top pan works perfect for creating mini round crumb coffee cakes.
There are different size muffin top pans out there some are 6 hole pan and some are 12. For these I used a 12 hole muffin top pan. The recipe made about 9 mini coffee crumb cakes.
The batter is a little thick and sticky so it takes a little effort to smooth the batter down in the pan, I used a rubber spatula to spread it out evenly.
- ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (sometimes I need a little more)
- 2½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2½ tablespoons packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2½ tablespoons butter, melted (I used salted)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened (I used salted)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make the topping first. In a small mixing bowl mix flour, sugar, brown sugar, & cinnamon together. Add melted butter & mix until dry crumb mixture forms. If it's not very crumbly add in a little extra flour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees. Grease 1 muffin top pan.
- Make the cake batter: In a mixing bowl stir butter & sugar together. Add in egg. Mix sour cream & vanilla in. In another bowl sift flour, baking powder, & baking soda together.
- Add flour mixture to the sour cream/liquid mixture & mix until smooth.
- Spoon into prepared muffin top pans, I used a spatula to spread it evenly.
- Take the crumb topping and crumble between your fingers onto the top of each mini cake.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until tops are starting to turn a slight golden brown.
post contains amazon affiliate links.