Cinnamon Roll Cake.
Cinnamon Roll Cake, my kind of breakfast! I love cinnamon rolls and cake. This is almost like a coffee cake which I also love.
I made this recipe without adding a glaze but cinnamon rolls are soooo good with frosting/glaze so if you like frosting on your cinnamon rolls I highly recommend adding a quick glaze or some buttercream frosting. If you want to make a glaze I’d mix 3/4 cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, & a 1/2 teaspoon vanilla together and drizzle it on the top (may need a little more powdered sugar or milk to get the right consistency).
- 1½ cups flour
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened (do not melt)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees. Grease a 8x8" glass baking pan. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer add the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, sour cream, egg, vanilla, and butter (all ingredients) and mix until well combined.
- Pour into the prepared 8x8" baking pan.
- For the topping:In a mixing bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon together until well combined and creamy.
- Drop evenly over the batter by the spoonful and use a knife to swirl through the batter.
- Bake at 350 F. for 35-40 minutes or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.