Buttermilk Brown Sugar Cookies.
This recipe makes soft Buttermilk Brown Sugar Cookies.
This recipe makes about 22 large size cookies. You can make them smaller if you want. I used about a 2.5 Tablespoon cookie scoop so if you used Tablespoon sized scoops the recipe will make more.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Degrees.
- In a large bowl cream butter and brown sugar together (I hand mixed the batter).
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add to the creamed mixture, alternately, with the buttermilk, mixing well after each addition.
- Drop dough by the tablespoon or with a cookie scoop onto cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar if desired.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown.
post contains amazon affiliate link.