Peanut Butter Balls with Graham Crackers.
I had never had these until I met my husband (they are his favorite), his mom makes them every Christmas. I love them! She makes the plain creamy ones, but then a friend made the ones with graham cracker crumbs in them, and I like those even more. Now I make this kind every year, so my husband gets double.
I hate making things that you have the to dip in chocolate, and I hate melting chocolate chips even more. I find it much easier to buy the melting chocolates. I usually mix some of the good stuff (Ghirardelli melts) with some of the chocolate almond bark. I think it melts much better than chocolate chips, but that’s just me. I know some people add paraffin wax to the chocolate chips instead of oil, but I have never tried that before.
Also a lot of people dip them in chocolate with a toothpick, but I find it easier to just use a fork, but it’s what ever is easier for you.
- 1½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter soft
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3½-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⅓ cups graham cracker crumbs
- Chocolate Dip:
- 3-4 cups chocolate chips &1 tablespoon shortening or oil
- (Or you can just use chocolate or vanilla melts, or almond bark)
- Mix together peanut butter, butter, vanilla, sugar, and graham cracker crumbs. Shape into 1 inch balls. Place in freezer for 20-30 mins.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening/oil in double boiler (or follow directions on chocolate melts/almond bark). Dip balls into chocolate mixture with a fork or toothpicks. Let dry on waxed paper.