Coffee Cake Muffins.
I love cinnamon so I crave coffee cake quite often. I have a wide variety of different types of coffee and crumb cakes that I make. This recipe I am sharing with you below is one that I also use to make Coffee Cake Baked Donuts. It is a quick and easy muffin recipe that uses sour cream but you can also use yogurt as a substitute. Recipes makes about 8 muffins.
Coffee Cake Muffins
- ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2½ tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2½ tablespoons butter, melted (I used salted)
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened (I used salted)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Make the topping first. In a small mixing bowl mix flour, sugar, brown sugar, & cinnamon together. Add melted butter & mix until dry crumb mixture forms. If it's not very crumbly add in a little extra flour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees. Grease muffin pans.
- Make the cake batter: In a mixing bowl stir butter & sugar together. Add in egg. Mix sour cream & vanilla in. In another bowl sift flour, baking powder, & baking soda together.
- Add flour mixture to the sour cream/liquid mixture & mix until smooth.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pans filling half full, about 2 tablespoons per muffin tin. Take the crumb topping and crumble between your fingers onto the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until tops are starting to turn a slight golden brown and top is springy to the touch or until a toothpick inserted in center of one comes out clean.
Leave a Comment