Big Soft Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I just took my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and substituted 1/2 flour for oats.
Make sure you don’t overbake these, they should be a little golden on the bottom, but not the top.
Makes 12 big cookies, you could always double it if you want more.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup rolled or quick oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup salted butter (1 stick) semi cold*
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees.
- Use an electric mixer to cream brown sugar, sugar, & semi cold butter*(you want the butter pretty cold, I took mine from the frig, microwaved it for 7-8 seconds, cut it into 8 pieces then added it to the bowl).
- Add egg & vanilla, mix.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, oats, baking powder and baking soda together. Add to the creamed butter/sugar. Beat with mixer until everything is mixed in. Add in chocolate chips.
- Scoop by the golf ball sized & drop onto greased cookie sheet. (I used a large cookie scoop/ice cream scoop). Don't touch the dough with your hands or it will warm it up too much. If you want to use your hands then you will need to place the cookie sheet in the frig for 20 min. before baking so the cookies don't go flat.
- Bake 13-15 minutes until the edges are just starting to brown.