Pancake Breakfast Bread.
Pancake Bread Trader Joe’s copycat Recipe. You could serve this buttered with maple syrup drizzled on top like pancakes!
I was recently shopping at a Trader Joe’s grocery store. I don’t have one in town so it is always a treat to be able to go to one when I’m out of town! I love to look at their unique items. This time I noticed something called Pancake Bread in the bread aisle and it looked like a coffee cake style bread and piqued my curiosity. I love coffee cakes, I have quite a few recipes posted for different types on this blog.
I tried to make this recipe using everyday ingredients because I hate making recipes that require a special trip to the grocery store for an item I will probably not be able to use up before it expires. I know a lot of the copycat recipes call for malted milk powder but that is something I’d never even heard of so I avoided using it. Forgive me if it doesn’t taste like Trader Joe’s without it but I was trying to keep it simple.
I baked this in a Pyrex 1.5 quart glass baking dish(affiliate link), about 9×5″.
- -Crumb Topping-
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter (melted)
- 1½ Tablespoons sugar
- 1½ Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup + 1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup salted butter (softened)
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup whole milk (or buttermilk)
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups All-Purpose Flour (I used King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
- Prepare the crumb topping by melting the butter and pouring it into a bowl with the sugar, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Mix until it becomes crumbly. Set aside.
- Prepare the bread batter by mixing the softened butter and sugar together in a bowl. Mix in egg and vanilla. Mix in milk and maple syrup.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda and stir well.
- Pour bread batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Take the crumb topping and sprinkle over the top of the batter evenly.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for at least 15 minutes then gently remove. Optional: Serve with butter & maple syrup.
Leave a Comment