Rustic Honey Cake.
I’ve always wanted to try making a Honey Cake. My sister has a Fiji Honey Cake on our blog. Below I made up my own version of Honey Cake because I wanted to use different ingredients. The recipe below calls for yogurt but you can also substitute it with sour cream or buttermilk. It is a rustic cake without frosting so if you want some sweetness on top I recommend dusting the top with powdered sugar.
The cake turned out moist and the powdered sugar on top gives it just enough sweetness to make this rustic style cake a keeper in my book.
Rustic Honey Cake
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- -Optional-Powdered sugar for dusting.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees. Grease an 8x8" baking dish.
- Using an electric mixer cream butter, sugar and brown sugar together.
- Add honey, eggs, and yogurt and mix.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix in well.
- Pour batter into prepared dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Leave a Comment