No Knead Artisan Dinner Rolls (4 Ingredients). Made with 4 simple ingredients: water, salt, yeast, and flour.
A beautiful crusty artisan bread in the mini form of dinner rolls. These have a wonderful crispy crust on the outside while the inside is soft and dense.
This is the simplest bread recipe I have ever made! Recipe only has 4 ingredients: water, flour, salt, & yeast. If you have never made bread before then this recipe is a great place to start! I love that this recipe doesn’t require any kneading. You just mix it up in a bowl quickly and let it rise. The only thing hard about this recipe is having the patience to wait for the dough to rise. From start to finish it takes about 3 hours but the majority of that time is spent just waiting for the dough to rise and then baking it in the oven.
Photos above show the dough after I stirred it up and after shaping the rolls.
Recipe makes 10 dinner rolls.
- 1½ Cups warm water
- ½ Tablespoons Coarse Kosher Salt
- ½ Tablespoon Yeast (I used Red Star Quick-Rise Yeast)
- 3¼ Cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- Add yeast to large mixing bowl, next add warm water to activate the yeast.
- Add flour & salt to the large mixing bowl & stir all the ingredients together.
- The bread should be just a little sticky but not too much, if it's really sticky & wet add a little extra flour, if the dough is super dry then add a little more water (sometimes I have to add a little extra water to mine).
- Cover the bowl but not airtight (I placed a clean kitchen towel over the top of the bowl) & let it rise for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours place the dough onto a well floured surface.
- Divide into 10 equal pieces.
- Shape the dough by picking it up & using your hands to fold the edge of the dough under until you have a round loaf shape with smooth edges. Place onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Let it rise for 40 more minutes.
- After the 40 minutes, preheat oven to 450 F. degrees.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the top & bottom are a nice golden brown color. l
- Remove from oven & let it cool for awhile, then enjoy!