Double Chocolate Chip Muffins.
We have a lot of chocolate lovers in my family. They love things like: chocolate fudge cake, double chocolate chip cookies, and of course double chocolate chip muffins as well!
I only had a bag of mini chocolate chips on hand so the chocolate chips didn’t show up very well in the photos but they are there. Recipe made about 16 muffins. You can easily cut the recipe in half if you want a smaller batch.
Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt (can use vanilla yogurt or sour cream as substitute)
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 F. degrees. Grease muffin tin or line with muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl add: sugar, cocoa powder, egg, yogurt, milk, vanilla and oil. Mix well.
- Add flour and baking soda and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill prepared muffin cups ¾ full.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing muffins, move to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Leave a Comment