Florida Style Homemade Fresh Mango Salsa recipe. There are several variations of mango salsa that I have tried at various restaurants in Florida. This mango salsa recipe I am sharing with you is my favorite version. It is a copycat version I made up from one of my favorite places in Florida. Did you know Florida is known for mango trees? I would love to have a mango tree in my yard!
This recipe for Mango Salsa is mild, it is not spicy. You can change up the ratio of tomato vs mango to whatever you like, this recipe is very customizable.
My favorite chips to serve with this mango salsa is Late July Organic Tortilla Chips.
- 1 fresh ripe mango, chopped into small chunks
- 4-5 fresh tomatoes, chopped into small cubes
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- fresh cilantro, about 10 leaves, chopped
- about 10 slices of mild jalepeno peppers (I used mezzetta deli-sliced tamed jalapeño peppers in a glass jar), chopped
- 1 stalk of green onion, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cut and prepare ingredients. Mix together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put in the fridge in a covered dish. For best flavor let set overnight.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
Leave a Comment