Pumpkin Pie Bars with easy Oat Crust.
Pumpkin Pie Bars. This recipe is a Fall classic in our family. We don’t just save it for the Fall because we love it so much. We actually make it anytime of the year but it does tend to show up at Thanksgiving family dinners every year.
You can serve with whipped cream on the top or leave it plain.
The recipe calls for cinnamon, ginger, and clove. Sometimes we keep it simple and just add the cinnamon.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 16 oz can pumpkin
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon clove (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all the crust ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix up until crumbly. (use an electric mixer if you want).
- Press crumbs into the bottom of a 13x9" baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While crust is baking prepare filling but combining all filling ingredients in a large bowl. Beat for 1-2 minutes or until batter is smooth.
- Pour over crust, bake for 35-45 minutes until firm. Cool completely. Serve with whipped cream if desired.