Coconut Magic Cookie Bars.
My aunt make’s these Coconut Magic Cookie Bars for Christmas every year. She used to bake them and send them to my Grandma every year and when I first tried one I loved it! I have always been a fan of coconut desserts and thought these were amazing! I still do think these are amazing. I of course asked her for the recipe and have been making them ever since, especially at Christmas time.
Did you know you can buy graham cracker crumbs at the grocery store? When I first started making these I didn’t know there was such a product so I’d always buy a box of honey graham crackers and put them in a food processor or blender to make them myself. If you don’t want to mess with making your own then by the bag of already made crumbs. I think it is a little cheaper to buy the box and do it yourself though.
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ⅓ cups flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees F. Grease a 13x9" baking pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Pour into baking pan and press into bottom of prepared pan. Use the back of a spoon or a spatula.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with chocolate chips and coconut. Press down with a fork.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before cutting.
Leave a Comment