Sugar Cookies Dipped in Sugar.
I love sugar cookie recipes so much. This recipe makes soft sugar cookies that are coated/dipped in sugar. My sister made these for Valentine’s Day one year and rolled them in pink and red sprinkles. I just used regular sugar and rolled them in it before baking.
Recipe makes a small batch of about 16 cookies depending on what size you make them.
Sugar Cookies Dipped in Sugar
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup sugar
- 7 tablespoons butter (soft)
- 1¼ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- *1/4 cup of sugar (regular or colored) for dipping dough in
- Preheat oven to 350 F.degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl cream butter and sugar together. In small bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix in vanilla and egg to butter mixture in large bowl and slowly add the flour mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Shape dough into 1½ inch balls then dip/roll in the additional sugar and place on parchment lined baking sheets (press dough down a little bit so it's a smooshed circle, use the bottom of a cup if you want)
- Bake for 10-12 mins. Then let cool.
Leave a Comment