Thick Soft Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies.
Soft Extra Thick Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies. I used Mega Stuf Oreos for this recipe but you can also use regular Oreos. We love Mega Stuf Oreos so I just used what I had on hand. You can add 1 cup of chocolate chips to the recipe or you can omit it if you just want a cookies and cream style cookie.
Recipe makes about 16 large cookies or 2 cookie sheets of cookies. I used a cookie scoop (amazon affiliate link) that was about 2.5 Tablespoons.
Thick Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salted butter (2 stick) semi cold*
- ¾ cup + 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 Mega Stuf Oreos or 16 regular Oreos, chopped or crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees. Grease cookie sheet or line with non stick baking mat.
- Use an electric mixer to cream brown sugar, sugar, & semi cold butter*(you want the butter to be a little cold, I took mine from the frig, microwaved it for 10-14 seconds, cut it into pieces then added it to the bowl).
- Add eggs & vanilla, mix.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, & salt together. Add to the creamed butter/sugar. Beat with mixer until everything is mixed in.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Stir in crumbled Oreos.
- Scoop 2½ tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball (golf ball sized) & drop onto greased cookie sheet. (I used a large cookie scoop/ice cream scoop). Don't touch the dough with your hands or it will warm it up too much. If you want to use your hands then you will need to place the cookie sheet in the frig for 20 min. before baking so the cookies don't go flat.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until the edges are just starting to brown.
Leave a Comment