Brown Sugar Muffins.
These Brown Sugar Muffins are simple to make and you can spice them up by adding nuts or chocolate chips if you want. They taste great for breakfast served warm with butter. The brown sugar I think helps to keep them moist and the texture was very soft.
You can sprinkle the top with sugar, coarse sugar, cinnamon, etc. I added a little sugar to the top before putting them in the oven to bake.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease muffin pan or line with muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl combine brown sugar, egg, milk, vanilla, and butter.
- Mix in flour and baking soda.
- Fill muffin pan cups ⅔rds full.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until edges are browning and toothpick inserted in center of one comes out clean.