Milk & Honey White Sandwich Bread.
Milk and Honey White Sandwich Bread. This recipe with it’s milk and honey title reminds me of the Bible verses where God talks about a land flowing with milk and honey. Did you know there are 23 bible verses that use the phrase milk and honey? I didn’t realize there were so many until I looked into it. Milk and honey when used together are referred to as a good thing in the Bible. Here is one of the scriptures from Deuteronomy 26:9: And he hath brought us into this place, hath given us this land, even a land that floweth with milk and honey. Random fact: the words milk and or honey are referred to at least 81 times in the bible.
This milk and honey bread makes a soft white loaf of bread. The sweetness of the honey is mild. I toast it and eat it with butter. I also made grilled cheese sandwiches with it.
Recipe makes 2 loaves of bread, you can cut the recipe in half if you only want 1 loaf.
- 2¼ teaspoons yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Grease 2 bread loaf pans and set aside.
- Add ingredients to mixing bowl or bread machine in order above.
- Mix/knead dough using your favorite method (by hand, using a stand mixer with dough hook, or a bread machine). Knead dough for 8-10 min. or until it feels smooth & elastic but still a little tacky. You may need to add a little extra flour or water to get the right consistency.
- Let dough rise for 1 hour covered or until doubled in size.
- Divide dough into half and place on lightly floured surface, press out any air bubbles. Then place each half in greased loaf pans, press dough down so it lays evenly in pans.
- Let rise for 1 hour or until double in size.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Leave a Comment