Butter Button Cookies (Mini Sugar Cookies).
I love these little button butter cookies, they are mini sugar cookies. Recipe makes about 75 mini 1″ cookies. I was able to fit them all on 2 cookie sheets to bake them.
About 1″ in size. So teeny tiny.
I used a 1″ round cookie cutter made by Ateco (Amazon affiliate link) that came in a set ranging from 3/4″-3 5/8″ in size. I bought it on Amazon a long time ago but I see they still sell it and there are some other brands on there that may be cheaper if you search for circle cookie cutter sets.
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1⅛ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg yolk (yolk only)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- Use an electric mixer to cream butter and sugar together.
- Add vanilla and yolk and mix in.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- If dough seems dry keep mixing until dough forms.
- Roll dough on to ¼" thick. I like to roll dough out in between 2 pieces of floured waxed paper.
- Cut into 1" circles using a 1" round cookie cutter. Place on cookie sheet.
- Top with sprinkles or sugar if desired.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes.