Butter Button Cookies (Mini Sugar Cookies).
I love these little button butter cookies, they are mini sugar cookies. Recipe makes about 75 mini 1″ cookies. I was able to fit them all on 2 cookie sheets to bake them.
About 1″ in size. So teeny tiny.
I used a 1″ round cookie cutter made by Ateco (Amazon affiliate link) that came in a set ranging from 3/4″-3 5/8″ in size. I bought it on Amazon a long time ago but I see they still sell it and there are some other brands on there that may be cheaper if you search for circle cookie cutter sets.
Butter Button Cookies (Mini Sugar Cookies)
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1⅛ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg yolk (yolk only)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- Use an electric mixer to cream butter and sugar together.
- Add vanilla and yolk and mix in.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- If dough seems dry keep mixing until dough forms.
- Roll dough on to ¼" thick. I like to roll dough out in between 2 pieces of floured waxed paper.
- Cut into 1" circles using a 1" round cookie cutter. Place on cookie sheet.
- Top with sprinkles or sugar if desired.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes.
This is also great as a cereal.
Tina Lawrence says
These were a hit at the big family gathering. Thank you!
Hi Tina, So glad the recipe was a hit for your family gathering. Thanks for taking the time to comment, we appreciate it!