Easy Classic Cheesecake Bars.
I like my cheesecake bars to have an extra thick graham cracker crust. If you want a thinner graham cracker crust then you can use the traditional recipe for crust which is 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs + 1/4 cup melted butter (no sugars added).
To make the crust you can either buy at the grocery store the already made graham cracker crumbs or you can buy graham crackers and crush them yourself. I buy the whole graham crackers because they are cheaper. I either put them in my food processor to make them crumbs, my blender, or I dump the crackers in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush them.
Recipe makes about 9 pieces of cheesecake bars depending on how you cut them.
- 2 packages (8 oz each) Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- -To Make Pie Crust-
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12 full graham crackers)
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted
- Make your graham cracker crust: Mix graham cracker crumbs and sugars together. Mix in melted butter. Press firmly and evenly into 8" or 9" square baking dish.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in medium bowl with mixer until blended. Add eggs, beat just until blended.
- Pour over prepared pie crust.
- Bake 40 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from oven cool then refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Leave a Comment