White Texas Vanilla Sheet Cake Cookies.
I love vanilla cake and White Texas Sheet Cake. I took my recipe for White Texas Sheet Cake and altered it to bake in the form of a cookie! These cookies are soft and cake like.
If you don’t prefer almond extract flavor then use vanilla. White Texas Sheet Cake usually calls for almond extract but they turn out great with vanilla also.
Recipe makes 24 small sized cookies. Let glaze set for a few minutes. If it is too thin or too thick then add more milk or powdered sugar to change the consistency. Top with sprinkles if you want to make them more colorful and festive. If not using salted butter, add 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (and/or vanilla)
- 1½ cups All-Purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Frosting Glaze:
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter (I used salted) melted
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract (and/or vanilla)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine butter & sugar together. Stir in egg, sour cream and almond extract.
- Mix in flour and baking soda and stir well.
- Scoop by the tablespoon full (about 1" balls) onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Once cookies have cooled a little bit prepare glaze.
- In a small bowl mix together the melted butter (I microwave the butter to melt it), milk, powdered sugar, and almond extract. Pour over the tops of cookies using a knife or the back of a spoon to coat the tops.
- Let glaze set a few minutes.