Zucchini Cake Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting.
It is officially zucchini season here in Indiana and our neighbor has been giving us quite a few fresh zucchinis from his garden. My family loves to make these Zucchini Bars during the summer. If you are like us and have extra zucchini to use up this recipe might be the perfect solution.
The cake is very moist and everyone loves the cream cheese frosting.
I used a metal grater (affiliate link) to shred the zucchini. If you have ever bought a block of cheese and shredded it yourself it is basically the same process. But be careful because the graters are sharp. You could also use a food processor to shred it.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups of zucchini, shredded
- 3 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- In a large bowl use an electric mixer to combine oil, sugar and eggs until well ombined.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and mix until well combined.
- Stir in zucchini.
- Pour batter into an ungreased 9x13" baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool, then prepare frosting.
- To make the frosting use an electric mixer to combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar together. Spread over the top of cooled cake.
Leave a Comment