Southern Tea Cake Cookies.
Southern Tea Cake Cookies with a vanilla glaze and topped with sprinkles. Love these festive cookies.
Dough is pretty soft to work with and can be dropped onto the cookie sheet by the spoonful. I used a small cookie scoop (affiliate link) to make the dough balls. I hand mixed the cookie dough batter.
These cookies are super soft and cake like.
Recipe makes 24 small sized cookies. Let glaze set for a few minutes. If it is too thin or too thick then add more milk or powdered sugar to change the consistency. Top with sprinkles if you want to make them more colorful and festive. If not using salted butter, add 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups All-Purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Frosting Glaze:
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter (I used salted) melted
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine butter & sugar together. Stir in egg, sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Mix in flour and baking soda and stir well.
- Scoop by the tablespoon full (about 1" balls) onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Once cookies have cooled a little bit prepare glaze.
- In a small bowl mix together the melted butter (I microwave the butter to melt it), milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Pour over the tops of cookies using a knife or the back of a spoon to coat the tops. Top with sprinkles.
- Let glaze set a few minutes.
Leave a Comment