Dairy Free Moist Banana Bread with a cinnamon and sugar crust.
I’m always trying to think of new dairy free recipes that I can make due to someone in the house having a dairy allergy. I realized I hadn’t tried banana bread yet. This recipe was a big hit and is now my go to dairy free banana bread recipe. I took my regular favorite recipe and altered it a bit using oil in place of butter and it worked great.
My favorite part is the cinnamon and sugar crust that you make by dusting the greased pan with cinnamon and sugar. I also added cinnamon to the batter which is a secret ingredient that I think makes it taste great.
Baking the banana bread at a low temperature helps to keep it moist and from drying out.
- For Dusting the Pan:
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For The Banana Bread:
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 300 F. degrees
- Grease one loaf pan. (My loaf pan is 8.5x4.5") In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Dust pan lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture. It should stick easily with the sides greased.
- In a large bowl, mix oil and sugar together. Stir in eggs, mashed bananas, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in baking powder, salt, baking soda and flour. (Stir in nuts if you are adding them, about ⅓ cup walnuts, optional).
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Leave a Comment