Easy Dutch Oven Bread 4 Ingredients: Flour, salt, yeast and water.
Easy 4 Ingredient Artisan Bread made in a dutch oven. My friend was so kind to let me borrow her Le Creuset 5.5 qt dutch oven in flame orange, which I absolutely love. It makes beautiful soft bread with a flaky crust.
You knead the dough and then let it rise. Then shape it and let rise again. Then bake it!
You bake it with the oven safe lid on until the very end, then you take the lid off and let it brown on top for a few minutes.
Made with only flour, yeast, salt and water so it is dairy free. No dairy.
Knead the dough using your favorite method. I used my bread machine and set it to the dough cycle. Sometimes I mix by hand or use my stand mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- 4 cups flour
- 1½ cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, coarse salt
- Add flour, water, yeast, and salt to a large mixing bowl, your bread machine, or you stand mixer bowl (whichever method you are using). Knead dough for 5-10 minutes until a sticky ball forms, adding more flour or water if needed.
- Cover, let rise for 2 hours.
- Then place on a lightly floured surface and press out all air, roll into a tight ball.
- Place in dutch oven that is greased with oil.
- Cover with lid and let rise 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Brush top with olive oil. Take a knife and make an x on top of dough.
- Bake for 30 minutes with lid on. Remove lid a bake for about 4-5 minutes longer until top starts to turn light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
Leave a Comment