Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Buckeye Cookies.
These are BIG soft chocolate brownie cookies, topped with peanut butter, and then more chocolate. They are so good!!!! My daughter made these for us, and the whole family loves them!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Buckeye Cookies
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 & ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Buckeye peanut butter layer:
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips melted
- Preheat the oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with parchement paper and set aside.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and creamy. Mix in the egg and the vanilla until combined.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together. Scoop out 7-8 equally sized cookie dough balls with a large cookie scooper (about ¼ cup), and place on a baking sheet leaving about 2 inches of space between.
- Gently press down on the cookies to about 1 inch in thickness,.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes. Once the cookies are baked, let them cool down on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Peanut butter buckeye topping:
- In a medium bowl, whisk the peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla until a thick paste forms. Divide the peanut butter mixture into 7-8 balls, top each cooled-down cookie with a peanut butter ball, and press down gently to flatten.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave starting at 30 seconds and then keep mixing and microwaving for 10 seconds at a time until smooth, top each cookie with it. Spread the melted chocolate and serve.
Leave a Comment