Christmas Whipped Shortbread Cookies.
Super easy, melt in your mouth whipped shortbread cookies! I really didn’t think there would be a difference between regular and whipped shortbread, but I was wrong! These are much lighter, softer and melt in your mouth.
Your want room temperature butter, not melty microwave butter and not too cold from the fridge.
You can press down with the fork twice if you want to make a criss cross pattern on cookie.
- I cup butter at room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract (or ½ teaspoon of each)
- 1¾ cup flour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees, line baking pans with parchment paper.
- Using an electric or stand mixer, beat the butter and powdered sugar on medium for 3-4 mins. until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla or almond. Slowly mix in the flour.
- Roll dough into 1" balls (if too sticky, refrigerate dough for 10-15 mins.)
- Dip fork into a little powdered sugar or flower, then press into dough to slightly flatten cookie, repeat with all cookies. Add sprinkles.
- Bake for 14-18 mins. May take a little more of less time depending on the size you make. Will be done when dough is not shiny anymore.