Loaf of Bread Dairy Free. Dairy allergy friendly.
I have several recipes I use to make loaves of white sandwich bread but I’m sharing with you the one I use the most. My go to recipe and it’s dairy free. It makes 1 loaf of white bread. It freezes well. I use Pyrex 1.5-quart clear glass pans (amazon affiliate) to make my bread, I think glass bakes bread well and I like that I can check the bottoms to see if the bread is browning.
Tip: This recipe also works good to make dairy free cinnamon rolls or cinnamon bread.
When I make this bread recipe I use my bread machine (amazon affiliate) to knead the dough, you can however still make this same recipe using your favorite method of kneading. Some people like to use their stand mixer (amazon affiliate) fitted with a dough hook or they prefer to knead by hand. I have had really good luck using a bread machine! You just set the bread machine to the dough cycle, it kneads the dough for you but does not bake it in the bread machine. So simple.
- 1⅛ teaspoons yeast
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 2½ Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Grease 1 bread loaf pans and set aside.
- Add ingredients to mixing bowl or bread machine in order above.
- Mix/knead dough using your favorite method (by hand, using a stand mixer with dough hook, or a bread machine). Knead dough for 8-10 min. or until it feels smooth & elastic but still a little tacky. You may need to add a little extra flour or water to get the right consistency.
- Let dough rise for 1 hour covered or until doubled in size.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface, press out any air bubbles. Then place in greased loaf pan, press dough down so it lays evenly in pan.
- Let rise for 1 hour or until double in size.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until golden brown.