Mini Christmas Shortbread Cookies.
It’s one of my favorite times of the year, Christmas time! I love baking Christmas cookies & buttery shortbread cookies are one of my favorites! They are not super sweet like sugar cookies, they have more of a butter flavor to them.
You want to roll the dough out to about 1/2″ thickness so they don’t crisp up too much in the oven. The cookies are mini so they will bake fast, they took about 7 minutes in my oven. I like my cookies soft but you can bake longer if you want them a little more crisp. I just baked them until they looked set, if you wait until the edges are browning they will be more crisp.
I used a set of Wilton’s Mini Christmas Cookie Cutters to cut the shortbread dough into Christmas shapes.
Recipe makes about 45-50 mini shortbread cookies.
- ½ cup salted butter (softened)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⅛ cup all purpose flour (be careful to not pack flour down when measuring)
- sugar/sprinkles for topping (optional)
- Use an electric mixer to cream butter, sugar and vanilla extract together.
- Add flour and keep mixing until dough becomes soft and pliable. (It may help to knead the dough with your hands if it is too dry).
- Form a ball, cover, and chill in frig for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface (I like to roll my dough out in between 2 sheets of waxed paper) roll dough out to about ½" thickness.
- Use mini cookie cutters to make shapes.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet, sprinkle with sugar/sprinkles (optional).
- Bake 6-7 minutes, or until cookies look set.
Post contains amazon affiliate links.