Chocolate Coconut Earthquake Cake
This cake is like an upside down German chocolate cake, cheesecake! It’s really good and so easy. I made this for my friends birthday and she loved it. She can’t wait to make it for her family.
So I bought the triple chocolate fudge cake mix, but you could also buy German chocolate cake mix. It just won’t be as sweet and rich chocolatey.
Mix your cake mix, mix up some cream cheese mixture, throw it in a pan and bake it. No frosting needed.
The coconut and pecans make a nice sticky frosting on the bottom of the cake, then it’s chocolate with cheesecake mixed in the cake.
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 chocolate cake mix (15-18.25 ounce)
- 1 cream cheese 8 ounce
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup butter, soft
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle coconut and pecans in bottom of greased pan.
- Make cake mix according to box. Then spread on top of coconut.
- In separate bowl using a mixer, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla until well combined. Drop by spoonful onto cake batter. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50-60 mins until the middle looks set. Let cool.