Grinch Christmas Sugar Cookies.
I had seen some Grinch cookies a few years ago and thought they were super cute. I wanted an easy recipe that you didn’t have to chill, roll out, or roll in powdered sugar, so I came up with these. They are soft cake like sugar cookies. All you need is some green food coloring and some red candy hearts and your good.
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup soft butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- green food coloring
- candy hearts
- Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment or use non stick pans.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In large bowl cream together butter, sugar, egg, sour cream and vanilla. Slowly stir in flour mixture until combined. Add green food coloring until you get the color you want.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheet. Put candy heart in the middle.
- Bake at 375 F. degrees for 9-11 mins. Let cool.
Post contains amazon affiliate links.