Oven Roasted Baked Potato Wedges.
I love making homemade french fries and potato wedges in the oven. At first I was wary about baking potato wedges in the oven but they actually turn out great every time. I make them about once a week with a dinner meal. I also like to make crinkle cut fries. I had no idea how crinkle cut fries were made and was excited to find out that you just use a crinkle cutter knife to make them, so easy. I make potato wedges with my crinkle cutter sometimes too because it chops the potatoes easier then a knife.
If your having trouble getting the fries to get that crispy golden look try putting your oven on the broil setting for a minute or two at the very end of baking. It will really help to brown them quick! Another trick I have learned is you can cut the potatoes the night before or in the morning and cover them in a bowl of water and keep them in the frig until you are ready to cook them, just make sure you dry them off well with paper towels or a clean kitchen towel before putting on baking sheet.
You can choose what ingredients below you want to add to the potatoes, sometimes I just make mine with olive oil and black pepper. The flavor combo is up to you. Fresh chopped parsley is also yummy to add after they are baked.
- 4 large russet potatoes, unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt (adjust to taste)
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic (or garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse the skin of the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 4 wedges lengthwise. You will have 8 long wedges from each potato.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet with the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika.
- Toss all the ingredients together, making sure the potatoes are covered with oil.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, turning to the other side after 20 minutes. Bake until they are lightly browned.
Post contains amazon affiliate links