Soft Brown Sugar Yogurt Cookies.
These cookies remind me of an old fashioned sugar cookie that my Grandma used to make. I wish she was still around so I could have her try them because I know she would like these. They are a very soft cake like cookie. You could sprinkle the tops with sugar or sprinkles if you want.
I used stonyfield organic whole milk vanilla yogurt for this recipe but you could also you Greek yogurt or low fat. Recipe makes about 45-50 cookies. You can cut the recipe in half if you want a small batch. If dough is too sticky then try refrigerating it for 20 minutes. I used a small cookie scoop to make these and the dough was a little sticky but it worked fine with the scoop.
- 2-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Using an electric mixer cream the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together. Add the egg, vanilla and the yogurt, and continue mixing.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Roll or scoop dough into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are just starting to turn golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to rest for a minute before removing them to wire racks to cool completely.
post contains amazon affiliate link.