This is my “Mom’s Coleslaw” recipe with a twist. It’s always a hit at Memorial Day and 4th of July parties, since it’s Red, White, and Blue. My husband and mother in law are not fans of coleslaw, but they both like this version.
Bacon Blue Cheese Coleslaw
Recipe type: side
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1½ tablespoons white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion or 2 tablespoon fresh minced onion
- 1 bag of shredded cabbage or shred about ½ head fresh.
- ¼ cup shredded carrots (optional)
- 8 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- ¼ cup blue cheese
- Combine mayonnaise, sugar, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, and minced onion in large bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Add the cabbage,carrots and tomatoes then mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Mix in bacon and blue cheese just before serving
- You can save a little blue cheese and bacon to sprinkle on the top
Leave a Comment