I made a double batch of strawberry freezer jam last week and ran out of the strawberries that we had picked. Today I was at the farmers market and they had the best looking strawberries, so I bought a bunch more……….now what am I supposed to do with all these?? Make STRAWBERRY COFFEE CAKE of course.
The Topping: Now that I have figured out that the food processor does a much better job and is so much easier, I rarely use a pastry blender. See pictures below.
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cold butter
- preheat oven to 375
- in small mixing bowl stir flour, sugar, baking powder and salt
- in another medium bowl add egg, milk, melted butter, vanilla and stir until blended
- add the dry ingredients to the medium sized bowl
- stir until moist
- pour mixture into greased 8 inch square pan or round cake pan
- place sliced strawberries over the mixture
- if you have a food processor, then add flour, sugar, and cold butter to processor and mix until well blended and crumbly
- sprinkle mixture over the strawberries
- IF YOU DON'T HAVE A FOOD PROCESSOR USE A PASTRY BLENDER TO MIX THE TOPPING
- bake at 375 for 30-35 min.
Another strawberry recipe you might like:
Moist Strawberry Swirl Bread.