This is another recipe that I would highly recommend using Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips. I have never tried any other kind of chips and I’m not sure it would be as good. I have been making this for years since some of my family members can’t have gluten. It is just one of those recipes that is naturally gluten free and it is very good. The cake just melts in your mouth and it’s pretty easy to make too. I know last time I checked Ghirardelli Chips were gluten free but you may want to double check since companies change stuff so often. I hope you enjoy!
If you don’t want to make the ganache for the top, you can just sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Don’t forget to put parchment paper down on the greased pan.
Just keep mixing until the egg and chocolate/butter mixture melt together.
This is my water bath, nothing fancy. It’s just a pan filled with a little water.
- 3 cups Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup butter soft
- 8 eggs
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips
- preheat oven to 325 degrees
- grease round cake pan, line bottom with parchment paper
- in a double boiler melt the semi sweet chips and butter
- stir until smooth, let cool for a few min.
- with electric mixer whip eggs and salt in a bowl until doubled, about 5 min.
- slowly add eggs to chocolate mix
- mix until well blended and pour into pan
- make a water bath by placing the cake pan in larger pan
- fill the larger pan ½ way up the cake pan with water
- bake for 40-45 min
- remove from water bath, let cool, cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours
- to remove, dip the bottom of the pan in warm water, run knife around sides
- flip onto a plate and remove parchment
- in small sauce pan bring cream to a simmer on low-med heat
- pour cream over the milk chocolate chips and stir
- pour ganache over cake and refrigerate for 30 min.
oh wow this is so chocolatey. yum!
Yes, it’s one of my favorites and so good!