Blueberry Muffins topped with a Buttery Streusel.
Since blueberries are in season right now I went blueberry picking at a local blueberry farm. Confession: It was my first time picking fresh blueberries and it was a lot of fun! I’ve always been a big fan of blueberry muffins so I knew that was going to be the first thing I’d make with them. This recipe is from Barbara Bakes. It’s loaded with blueberries so your sure to get tons of blueberry flavor in every bite. I love this recipe because for me a blueberry muffin is just not complete without a sweet buttery streusel topping and lots of it. So if your like me and really love streusel then you might want to double the streusel part of the recipe. The muffin part of this recipe is soft, sweet, & moist like a coffee cake.
This recipe says it makes 12 muffins but for me it made 16. I filled the muffin cups 3/4 of the way full (mine where a little on the short side so I probably could have filled them higher). The batter for this recipe is fairly thick just so you know what to expect. If you only want 6-8 muffins you can easily cut the recipe in half.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Streusel Topping:
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons melted butter or oil
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a muffin tin or use muffin liners.
- Prepare streusel topping and set aside. Streusel Topping: Using a small bowl mix the sugar & flour together. Add melted butter and mix until grainy in texture.
- In another small bowl, mix together flour & baking powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs, vanilla & milk. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle muffins with Streusel topping.
- Bake at 350º for 20 to 25 min, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven & let cool for a few minutes before moving them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Leave a Comment