So this started out as my Apple Tart Recipe and then I started experimenting with different fruits. So far I have done the apple, blueberry, and peach. They are all delicious and very easy to make. I think the rustic look is great.
Since it makes two you can use two different types of fruit. The last time I made it, I did one blueberry and one peach. I took it to our friend’s house and there were eight of us there. Four liked the blueberry better and the other four liked the peach better, so you can decide for yourself which is your favorite.
Below is the picture before the powdered sugar, not quite as pretty.
- 1 box of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry (2 sheets)
- 1 8oz cream cheese at room temp.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 cups of blueberries
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar to sprinkle on top
- -Egg Wash-
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- thaw 2 sheets of puff pastry as directed
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- grease 2 cookie sheets
- place 1 puff pastry on each cookie sheet
- make egg wash-whisk egg and water until combined
- brush pastry with egg wash, then fold the edges of pastry over and brush edges with wash
- in small bowl add cream cheese, egg, vanilla, and sugar
- mix on medium for 1-2 min. until smooth
- spread half the cream cheese mix on each sheet
- keep the mixture about an inch from the edges
- place desired amount of blueberries on top of cream cheese mix
- bake for 15 min. at 400 degrees
- let cool for 10 min. then sprinkle with powdered sugar
- cut with pizza cutter and serve
Had to be. 8oz cream cheese not 1oz????
Lisa Sinacore says
Absolutely delicious. I added some lemon zest and juice to the cream cheese mixture. I brought it to book club and it was a huge hit. So easy and so delicious. I used frozen blueberries.
Hi Lisa, So glad you liked the recipe. Thanks for taking the time to comment, we appreciate it!
When you buse peaches, do you slice or chop the peaches? Ever tried it with frozen peaches?
I slice the peaches. Frozen should work just fine.
I just made this. It was fast easy and delicious!
Linda, So glad you liked the recipe! Thanks for taking the time to comment, we appreciate it.