Classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, soft & chewy.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, the cookie recipe that always has me coming back from one more. These cookies are so addicting! I must admit that I have a weakness for these chewy gooey oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I think they taste great but they also have sentimental meaning to me.
I still remember the first time I ever had one. I was a kid over at my aunts house playing with my cousins and my aunt had just pulled two cookies sheets of fresh cookies out of her double oven and when they were cool enough to try I couldn’t stop myself at just one, I had to have three! And there began my love for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. When I was old enough to start baking on my own I called my aunt up & asked for her for her amazing recipe. And the rest is history, I’ve been baking up batches of these cookies ever since.
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cup quick oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a mixing bowl add butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg, & vanilla & stir together. Add flour & baking soda & mix. Add oats & stir until well combine. Add in chocolate chips & mix.
- Scoop into 1" balls & place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges start to turn a light golden brown.
- Yields about 32 cookies.