I love, love, love beer bread!!!! My friends always had the “Tastefully Simple” parties and I would spend and arm and a leg on the beer bread mixes. I tried a few recipes and they just were not as good. I found this recipe on food.com and will never make beer bread using another recipe again.
I must admit that I have never sifted the flour as is calls for in the recipe and mine has always turned out fine. It’s not because I don’t have a sifter, it’s just because I’m lazy :-) Now if only I could find a copy cat tastefully simple spinach and herb mix to go with the beer bread, then I would be all set!
This bread is great with pretty much any creamy dip. As for the beer, I just usually use something cheap like miller lite. I personally would not recommend using a dark or bitter beer for this recipe.
- 3 cups regular or bread flour (sifted)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 beer (12oz)
- 3 tablespoon melted butter (for top)
- preheat oven to 375 degrees
- in medium bowl add flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and beer
- mix until combined, will be lumpy (don't over mix)
- pour into greased loaf pan
- pour melted butter over dough
- bake for 55-60 min
- remove from pan and let cool