Old Fashioned Baked Chocolate Sour Cream Donuts
I went online in search of a baked chocolate sour cream donut and couldn’t find any so I took my sisters vanilla baked sour cream donuts and altered her recipe. So these donuts are really easy and they turned out really moist. My daughter practically swallowed it whole and asked for another one and since I am a mean mom, I said no ;)
You should fill the donut pan (affiliate link) a little over half way with batter, it should make 8 or 9 donuts.
After you dip them in the glaze you can put any kind of sprinkles on that you like.
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- mini chocolate chips (optional)
- For The Glaze:
- 1¼ cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons or ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease donut pan with oil or cooking spray.
- Whisk together the sour cream, egg, vanilla, oil, & sugar in a bowl.
- Add flour, cocoa, soda, salt, & cinnamon, stir together until well combined.
- Fill donut pan with batter and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips (optional)
- bake for 10-12 minutes or until the top is springy to the touch
- Remove from oven & let cool in pan for 5-10 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.
- For the Glaze: In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar & milk together. Glaze should be thin so you can easily dip the donuts to glaze them. You may need to add a little more milk or powered sugar to get the right consistency.
- Once the donuts have cooled, dip the donuts into the glaze, flipping them over so both sides get covered, add sprinkles if you want. Set on a cooling rack to dry. Place a piece of waxed paper or paper towel under the cooling rack for easier clean up from the dripping glaze.