I pretty much LOVE anything with these ingredients, so this is a favorite of mine. I usually make up a big bowl of the mixture and use the leftovers as a dip for tortilla chips or stuff it in soft taco shells. You can add shredded cheese to the mixture or sprinkle on top if you don’t have corn chips or both.
The trick is to not have the mix too wet. I usually scoop the salsa out with a fork and let the liquid drain off of it before adding it to the bowl. I mix the sour cream up in the carton before adding it to the bowl to keep from getting the liquid part of the sour cream, and letting it sit for a few hours in the fridge uncovered helps too.
This recipe is pretty flexible, so you can easily change the ingredient amounts to you own liking. Regular sour cream is fine to use too.
It’s also helpful to slice the avocado insides before you add the filling so it is easier to scoop out little pieces. Don’t cut your avocados until your ready to serve, otherwise they may start turning brown.
- 2 avocados cut in half
- ½ cup black beans rinsed and drained
- ½ cup cooked corn
- ¼ cup thick salsa
- ¼ cup sour cream light or fat free
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- crushed corn chips (optional)
- put the beans, corn, salsa, sour cream, lime juice and cilantro in bowl and mix it up
- put it in the fridge uncovered for an hour or two.
- slice the avocados in half, take out the pit and spoon mixture into avocados
- sprinkle with crushed corn chips and cilantro (optional)