I made this for my friend Heather who loves the McDonalds Shamrock Shakes. In my opinion this one tasted much better than theirs. Plus you can make it anytime of the year, not just for St. Patricks Day. I used Breyers Vanilla Bean ice cream. You could always sub some whole milk, half and half, or heavy cream for a creamier version of this. You can top it with anything you want, whipped cream, sprinkles, hot fudge, or whatever sounds good.
Recipe type: dessert
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- ¾ cup milk (1 cup for thinner shake)
- ¼ teaspoon mint extract
- 5 drops green food coloring (optional)
- a small pinch of salt
- whipped cream and cherry (optional)
- put all ice cream, milk, mint, food coloring and salt in a blender
- pour in a glass and add toppings
Jess @ whatjessicabakednext says
This shake looks amazing! Love the flavour – definitely craving one right now! Yum.
Thank you Jess!