Peanut Butter Cookies rolled in sugar & topped with a Hershey’s Kiss.
It’s been a rough week for my sister & I. Our Grandma has been in the hospital & we are all praying that she makes a speedy recovery. She’s the last grandparent we have left. I wanted to post this recipe last week but with everything that’s been going on & all the time I’ve spent at the hospital it just didn’t happen.
This recipe for Peanut Butter Blossoms is one of my all time favorite cookie recipes, my families been making it for as long as I can remember. I got this recipe from my aunt many years ago. She used to make them all the time when I was a kid. You will find this recipe is different from the one on the back of a Hershey’s Kiss bag. I don’t think I’ve ever made that version because this has been my go-to recipe for so long.
Chocolate & peanut butter go so well together don’t they? I love eating these cookies while they are still warm from the oven because the chocolate Hershey’s Kiss on top is still all melty & gooey. These cookies are pretty addicting, I find it hard to stop after eating just one.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted (microwave for 25-30 seconds)
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- + sugar for coating
- -Hershey's Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add sugar, brown sugar, & melted butter, stir until creamy. Add peanut butter, egg, & vanilla, stir until smooth & creamy.
- Add flour & baking soda & stir until well combined.
- Scoop or roll dough into 1 inch balls (or smaller). Roll balls in a bowl of sugar to coat. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. While the cookies are baking unwrap the Hershey's Kisses. Right after you remove the cookies from the oven place a Hershey's Kiss on top of the cookie & gently press it down.
This recipe makes on average 32-38 cookies, depending on how small you make them.